Thursday, April 5, 2007

Que pasa amigos?

Today has been pretty low-key and uneventful. Zachary and I stayed in the house all day. I didn't want to take him outside because of his bronchitis. Our foster family has been at church for hours and hours and we have been here. It is very quiet and Zachary is asleep. I am getting ready to be shortly myself. I really believe that he is getting better. He isn't coughing as much so I'm very thankful for that.

Tomorrow we will probably stay around here again and not really go out. I am going to get one of them to pick up some antibiotics for me so I can get started on them. My throat and ears seem to hurt worse at night. I noticed that Zachary kept touching his ears tonight so I guess it's the same for him. He drank a couple of bottles of water today and 4 bottles of milk along with a bottle of orange juice. He also ate a little baby food. He is so independent. He doesn't really like the bottle when he sees me drinking out of a cup or water bottle. He would rather drink out of that too. ;-)

When I get back home my Spanish should be pretty good. I am really catching on and remembering some of what I learned in high school (believe it or not). It is nice to be able to communicate with them. I am just thankful that Lucy speaks English otherwise I would be lost. This morning I was speaking some Spanish to them and they loved it. They thought it was great that I was interested in learning. Also, they showed me some photo albums from when they were all younger. It was very cool to look at that stuff. James and Nora have been married for 20 years. They are only 4 years older than I am. They are such a happy family. Yesterday when we were out, I noticed several times that they were holding hands. So sweet!!!!!

Ok, I will go for now. Buenos Noches!

No comments: