Friday, April 27, 2007

Happy Friday

Zachary and I are still in South Carolina and we are having a wonderful time. Zachary has met lots of his family members but we still have a few more visits to make. I am really enjoying visiting everyone but I am SO tired. Zachary is sleeping very well at night but I am not. Hopefully that will change when we get back home and get in a routine. Also, I desperately need to exercise. It has been a while now and I feel yucky!! Starting Monday I am going on a major health kick! I need to get back to where I was before all of the adoption stress kicked in. It's all over now so I have no excuse. ;-))

Zachary is eating up all of this attention that he's getting from his family. Everyone is just amazed at how well adjusted and advanced he is. He has such a sweet and loving little personality. Also, did I tell you that he absolutely LOVES ceiling fans?! He is so fascinated with them.

Today Zachary and I travelled to Columbia to see one of my dear friends, Shelly, and her husband Scott. We had a wonderful time visiting with them. Zachary just loves Shelly...(and I mean who wouldn't?) and they played and danced around. It was SO cute. I'll post some pictures when I get home from our visits. Zachary is very intelligent too. He tried to outsmart Aunt Shelly today but it didn't work. He was crawling around on the floor and trying to make his way over to the DVD player so he could push some buttons. He was trying to be sneaky about it too. He would push his toy over towards it and when he thought she was looking, he would inch closer and closer. It was SO cute. Aunt Shelly has LOTS of energy so she did a great job of keeping up with him. Meanwhile, mommy was kicked back on the couch! ;-)))

Tomorrow we are heading back to Charlotte. I have mixed emotions about this. Zachary and I are really going to miss our family but we know that we have to get back home. Mommy has things to take care of and Zachary needs to get more acquainted with "home" and his room and all of those toys. We have lots of friends in Charlotte so we're looking forward to spending some time with them too.

Also, next week I have to take Zachary to his first pediatrician appt. He still has a bit of a cough and some congestion so I am anxious to get that checked out. We will post more soon!!

Love and Hugs,
Rebecca and Zachary (aka Z-man)

1 comment:

Veronica & Todd's Journey said...

Well I wish we could say the same. We have been having our moments. She will not let Todd do anything for her and she will not sleep by herself at night. So we are sharing a bed in the basement. I'm glad to hear you have spent some time with your family. My mom has been her almost ever day since we got back, THANK GOD!!!!! She has been a BIG help. Meredith too will head to the DR next week, I'm still debating if I will let them re-do her immunizations.
Hugs to you all!!!!