Saturday, April 14, 2007

Day 13

Today was a good day! Zachary slept through the night last night for the first time since I've been here. He usually wakes up one time...I give him a bottle and he goes back to sleep. We have two double beds in this room and he slept in one...surrounded by pillows and I was in the other. We both got a good night of sleep. This morning we got up and played for a while. Zachary didn't get up until almost 9am. Then we had a surprise visit from Zachary's foster mom. She was in the area and wanted to come by and see Zachary so I told her to come on. They didn't stay very long...maybe about 15 minutes. When she left, she was hugging Zachary goodbye and waving and Zachary was fine. He didn't cry at all. I think he has adjusted very well. I believe that he knows that I am his mommy!!! ;-))) She said that she would like to come by one more time so she'll come by on Tuesday to say goodbye.

Zachary and I went to the restaurant downstairs and had lunch. We had a really great server named Marlon. He just loves Zachary. He spent a lot of time talking to him and playing with him. He even gave him a balloon which made Zachary's day. I had spaghetti at lunch and it was WONDERFUL!!!!! After lunch, we came back to the room and took a nap. Z slept for 3 hours and I slept for two. Good nap!!! Ha! And my friends said that the naps would be over. I don't think so! Z loves to sleep as much as I do.

Lunch was so good that Z and I went back there tonight and I had penne pasta! ;-)) Ok, time to lay off of the pasta. I discovered that there is a gym downstairs so I think I will go work out tomorrow at some point. This is sure to make me feel better. I am having workout withdrawals right about now. The gym here is really nice and they have lots of equipment. I also want a massage but I need to wait until my mom gets here to babysit.

After dinner, Zachary and I went out by the pool for a little while. It is heated and very nice and big. I am hoping that he and I will be able to get in over the next fews days. I want to make sure he is well first though. Otherwise, nana can babysit and I'll go swimming. ;-))

My mom will be here on Monday!! Just one more day!! Zachary and I will ride the hotel shuttle to the airport to pick her up. We can't wait for her to get here.

Ok, and my toe is killing me today!! I hit it when I was trying to keep Z from falling off of the bed. I thought I would go in to ORBIT!! It was throbbing!!! OUCH!!!!

Enough for tonight. I'm ready to catch some zzzzzzzs! Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!

Blessings, Rebecca and Zachary

No comments: