Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Day 3

Hola from Guatemala. Today was a very good day. I have to say that once I again I am thoroughly exhausted. Zachary was awake and laughing at 3am this morning and then had a coughing spell. I did't get much sleep at all. I was on the computer at 4am and really didn't get back to sleep. We had to get up at 7:30 because we were going on a day trip. That was very nice. The downside was that it took a LONG time to get there. We went to see the Mayan ruins in Decpan near Quimaldenango. We were all over the place. It was very interesting to visit this archealogical site and to see how people lived there over 1,000 years ago. These were the first settlers in Guatemala. We took pictures which I will post. It was a great trip. We also got to see the place where they used to do animal and human sacrifices to God and pray for certain things like health, food and all of the things that they needed. While we were there, I bought a few "gotcha gifts" for Zachary. They were very inexpensive but nice. I bought a little drum for him which is really cool.

We went to a nice restaurant. I was SO hungry...to the point that I was dizzy. I don't even know what time we had dinner. I didn't eat it all because my little man kept wanting me to feed him and then when he was done, he decided that I was too. ;-)) We did have some split pea and mushroom soup and he absolutely LOVED it!!! I think he ate half of the bowl.

Tonight he is having a hard time going to sleep. He slept most of the way back and since they really don't use car seats here, I was holding him the whole time. My arms are VERY tired. He got some good sleep though. Tonight I hope he will be able to sleep. Since he is sick I know he needs lots of sleep...and Nana reminded me of this today.

I am feeling like I may be getting Zachary's bronchitis. My throat and ears are hurting. I am ticked at my agency. They should have told me that Zachary has bronchitis. I would have brought some antibiotics for myself too. Oh well, we'll figure out something.

Ok, did I mention to you guys that my child is a BED HOG!! WOW WEE. He leaves one little place for me to sleep so I am clinging to the edge all night. ;-)))

OK, I will write more tomorrow and post some pictures tonight.

Love and hugs,
Rebecca

No comments: