Thursday, April 12, 2007

Day 11

Hola!! Como esta? Muy bien aqui!

My Spanish is getting better. I actually had a short conversation with someone in Spanish today and I don't think she had a clue that I'm not fluent in Spanish. ;-))

So today was a good day. Zachary and I are definitely building a very strong bond. Today he wanted to be held A LOT!!! He reached for me over and over again. I don't know if he is grieving or just not feeling well today. He woke up around 7:30 and then went back to sleep for about 2 hours a little later. He played on the floor with his toys and was climbing on everything. It was very interesting to watch him. When he would move from the chair to the desk, we was very careful so he wouldn't fall. It was neat to watch him focus on trying to balance himself. Again, he crawled over to the full length mirror and I heard him over there just laughing and laughing. I went over to see him and he just smiled from ear to ear.

We went to the store this morning and got a few more things. Ever since I got sick at La Vista I have avoided it like the plague. I have been eating a lot of cereal...some McDonalds and some wafers. This evening Zachary and I went off to the little cafe' that I was telling you about yesterday. I had some coffee and we shared a strawberry and ice cream dessert. He was also crying for my coffee so I let him taste it and would you believe, he loved it!!!! It was decaf so I guess it was ok for him to try.

He didn't eat very well today. He had about 5 bottles but only about 6 bites of his cereal. I finally gave up. He was whiney tonight and nothing really pleased him so I didn't want to force it on him. I rocked him to sleep and he is catching zzzzzzs right now as we speak.

Tomorrow we are going to check in to the Westin. We will be leaving here around lunch time. I am VERY excited about getting a change of scenery. The area around the Westin is SO nice. OH and also, my friend Veronica and her mom and sister will be here tomorrow.

Ok, guess I need to get some rest now. I was up at 3:30 am on the internet continuing my research of strollers. I finally found the ONE!!! It's a Maclaren and it's awesome...brown with burnt orange interior. It is the MAC DADDY OF STROLLERS...with 5 adjustable seat position, a leg rest and extension and an awesome sunshade, etc. ;-)))

Hope everyone has a great FRIDAY!!!!

HUGS!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your updates. Today is Veronica's big day, and I'm so excited for them. Hope you all have a wonderful time with those sweet babies.

Hugs
Meredith's Great Aunt Lib