Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Day 17





Well, this is IT.....our last night in Guatemala before we return to Charlotte. It's hard to believe that I have been here with Zachary for almost three weeks. I miss home SO much! We have had a really good time here...especially since Nana arrived on Monday.

Today we were on the go. We got up this morning and went to breakfast. After that we came back to the room and took a nap....all three of us. We decided not to go to the pool today because it was windy outside and Z still has a little cough in the mornings. So we started packing up our stuff and just kind of stayed around the room waiting on Z's Visa and packet to be delivered. Of course, they were late getting here. They said that it would be delivered by 4pm but it was more like 5pm before they got here. Meanwhile we had arranged a little tour with one of the locals that we had become friends with. He is a server in the restaurant downstairs...a really nice guy and very, very friendly. So he had agreed to take us on a little tour. He picked us up and we went over to the market. We shopped around and ended up getting some good stuff. We were so glad we had Marlon there to negotiate for us. He did a great job!!! I ended up getting a necklace, a nice purse made out of leather and some of the local fabric and Nana got all kinds of stuff. She got some stuff for herself and also some gifts. We had fun there and the market itself was beautiful. They had gorgeous rose gardens, all kinds of trees including palm trees, coffee bushes and other kinds of flowers. After we left there we decided to go have dinner. On the way there, Marlon pointed out some other tourist attractions and at one point he even pulled over on the side of the road so that Nana could jump out and take some pictures. That Nana is a touring NUT!! ;-) We headed on to dinner and ended up at this really cool little restaurant. It was like a Tikki Hut on the inside. It was BEAUTIFUL and the food was AWESOME! I have never been to a restaurant like that before. It was quite a site. So then we were trying to get out of the restaurant and there were more street vendors there. I saw a necklace that I just had to have so Marlon negotiated the price and I ended up getting it for $21. It is absolutely beautiful!!!! Ok, so then we got back to the hotel, Marlon went home and we went inside and got ready for bed. Zachary and Nana played for a bit while I got some things together. Now Zachary is down with his bottle, Nana is in bed watching TV and I am getting ready to go to bed. I am really tired and tomorrow is going to be a long day......but a very exciting day!! I am not the least bit worried about Zachary on the plane. He is SO well behaved and happy that I don't think we'll have a problem at all.

We are looking forward to seeing everyone. Hope all of you who are planning to be at the airport will make it. It will be such a special time!! ;-))) We are flying on US Airways and our plane lands at 7:52 pm. in Charlotte.

Well, for now goodnight, sweet dreams and we will see you all when we get home tomorrow!!!

Love and hugs,
Rebecca, Zachary and Nana

3 comments:

keelstar said...

Wow! I hope you had a safe trip home with Nana & Zachary! I so can not wait to see your homecoming pictures! I hope everything is going really well for you all! Love & Hugs! Keely

Anonymous said...

Congrats! What a handsome young man, what a wonderful family.
-Gary McD

Karen D. said...

Hey Rebecca,
I found your blog through Keely's. I am sooo excited for you! Another AHH baby is coming home! Congratulations! I hope that you have a safe flight home! Like Keely, I cna't wait to see your homecoming pictures!

Take Care!
Karen