Monday, April 9, 2007

Day 8

Well, this morning was a complete fiasco. I was very stressed out because Zachary's foster mom was not taking us to his medical appointment and I had no paperwork and no idea where to go. Apparently the agency told her that "Her work with Zachary was done because Rebecca is here now and he is her responsibility." Ok, well that's true and all well and good, however, don't just leave me out in the cold people. Throw me a bone or something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ended up showing out a little bit and was very firm with the attorney's office here and in Kentucky. Things ended up working out and Zachary passed his medical exam with flying colors!! YEAH!!!!!!!!! Apparently the agency realized what happened and I received two phone calls, one from the agency here and one from the agency in the US, apologizing profusely for what had happened and all of the problems I had. Apparently my conversation with them this morning was the wake up call they needed. I'm just glad it all worked out.

Today Zachary and I took a 2 1/2 hour nap. It was awesome and we both really needed it. After our nap, we went out walking few a few blocks with our friend, Pam and Del and their little girl Nora. We went to the grocery store so that I could get a few things, one of which was laundry detergent. I filled the bathtub up with water tonight and washed out some clothes. I had to get creative about where to hang them to dry. I told one of Z's strollers out on the balcony and put clothes on hangers and hung them from his stroller. Seems to be working well. I hope they dry by tomorrow. I'll let you know. I can tell you this though. I would have had a really hard time making it back in the old days when people washed clothes out by hand all of the time. Geez.....it wouldn't have been good for me. I must be spoiled. ;-))

He was not feeling well tonight at all. He got sick and was throwing up after dinner. Maybe I fed him the wrong foods, I don't know. I wasn't feeling so good myself so maybe it was something that we ate. Anyway, he went to sleep around 8:30 pm and I am hoping that he sleeps through the night. I rocked him to sleep because he was crying a lot tonight. Seems like he just really wanted to be close to me...very clingy. I like that though. ;-))))

Tonight I got our room organized....clothes in drawers, junk picked up, etc. I feel SO much better!!!! It's amazing how good a little organization can make you feel. Tonight I took a really hot bath while Z was asleep. It helped my neck and shoulders to feel better. I think maybe tomorrow I will sign up for one of the $20 massages. I could probably use that right about now.

OK, hope everyone had a great day!!

Love and hugs.....

2 comments:

keelstar said...

I'm so glad that everything worked out for you guys yesterday! I was praying for you that all would go well! I can't believe you got to see Meredith too! What a wonderful blessing & surprise! I cannot wait to see more pictures of you & Zachary!

Susan said...

Hope you guys are feeling better. You have definitely had quite the trip. It is good you are blogging it all so well for you and Zachary to look back on.

Susan