Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Day 10

Greetings! Today has been such a wonderful day!!!! Probably our best day so far! Zachary's cough is so much better. He is still taking his breathing treatments but I can tell a drastic improvement in him. I am also feeling better. My should still hurts but not as bad. My toe, well it's there. I just try not to touch it or bump it...and my stomach is much better too. I got some medicine from the pharmacy tonight recommend by someone from the forum. If I get sick again I'll have this magic little pill to take.

This morning Zachary woke me up around 6:30 or so. I'm actually getting used to it now and it's not so bad. I gave him a bottle about an hour after that and he went back to sleep for another 2 hours...ha, and so did I. Stacy if you are reading this, I know it just kills you that I am actually getting some sleep!! haha Anyway, then I got up and he woke up too. I gave him a bath and got him dressed. I put this big blanket on the floor and let Zachary crawl around and play with his toys. He was all over the place. He can easily pull himself up... and loves, loves, loves to see himself in the mirror. It's so precious to watch. After that we got ready and met Pam, Del and Nora downstairs and ventured out into the city. We went towards the Westin hotel...about 2 blocks away and then we visited the mall. A lady (very persistent too I might add) was selling some really cute Guatemalan blankets on the street. She wanted $40. I told her no way. I finally got her down to 20 Quetzals. I felt like that was a real deal! So we got to the mall and I had something to eat...not sure what...but it was from a taco place. It was pretty good but I didn't eat much of it. I'm too afraid of getting sick again. I haven't been eating much so hey, maybe I will lose a few lbs. So we walked around the mall for a while, bought some new shoes for Zachary and Pam and Del bought some for Nora. Then we shopped around a little more and finally around 4:30 we headed back to the hotel. We knew the traffic would get bad around 5:00 so we didn't want to get tangled up in all of that. Oh and by the way, we walked the whole way. Not all that far...probably about 6 blocks or so one way. The problem was that with this stroller I have (you know the one that only has back wheels), I had a hard time pushing it over the roads for the first few blocks. They are so rought that you need an all terrain stroller to get over them. It was amazing how much better the streets were once we got near the Westin. It's like a different city over there. Everything is much nicer, a higher class of people, lots of nice restaurants and good places to shop. Luckily, I ran out of money so I didn't shop much and I forgot my credit card. Good thing! I'm sure when my mom gets here we'll go back to the mall. So then we came back here and Zachary and I left to go to the pharmacy and get more formula for him. After that we went to this little cafe that I have been wanting to try. We had a peach and strawberry dessert with whipped cream. He absolutely loved it and so did I. I also had a cup of coffee which was really delicious. While we were there, we met this couple and their baby girl. We ended up making friends with them and they invited us to join them. So we did and we talked for about an hour and a half. They are a very nice couple and their little girl is just precious. She and Zachary really like each other. I told Zachary to watch out....Kaili will get very jealous. ;-)) So we exchanged email addresses and decided to see each other again before we head back to the US. We took some pictures there, which I will add to the slideshow, and then we left and came back to the hotel. We chatted with some friends downstairs and then we came to our room and stayed in for the rest of the night. Z got on the floor and played for a couple of hours and watched a few cartoons while I washed out some clothes and straightened up the room. Oh and I also caught up on my emails and downloaded some pictures. I fed him his dinner around 9pm. He did SO good eating tonight. I sat him in a chair and sat in front of him. He ate also the entire jar of his mixed vegetables. I was SO proud of him. ;-)) Then I gave him a bottle and he was OUT. I think he will sleep well tonight. He has to be exhausted after all we did today. Well, that's about it. We have been on the go today and really enjoyed ourselves. Tomorrow I'm not sure what we'll be doing but I'm thinking about exploring another area of the city. We'll see.

Hugs! Tune in tomorrow for more.

No comments: