Friday, April 6, 2007

Que hora es?

Almost by bedtime. ;-)) Today has been a good day! Again, we haven't left the house. Zachary's cough is getting better. There have been SO many celebrations going on here for Easter. Holy week is celebrated Thursday and Friday all day. Lucy participated in some of the festivities today. We were watching tv tonight and she showed me what she did at the celebration. She was one of about 10 people carrying what looked like a float in the procession. Where in the US our floats are on wheels, here they are carried by various people. It is a beautiful celebration. On tv you can see all of the lights and beautiful statutes of Jesus and Mary. Of course, everything they say is in Spanish so I can only pick up on a word now and then. The family that we are staying with is very religious. They pray before every meal, have pictures of Jesus and Mary all through the house and are very close. It is a nice environment to be in. I believe that the festivities are over after today. I'm not positive about that.

Tomorrow we are going shopping again. I want to do my shopping now while I have people to take me to the good shopping places. I still have a few more gotcha gifts to get for Zachary.

This afternoon Zachary and I both took a nap for about two hours. He woke me up just laughing and laughing. I opened my eyes and he was right in my face smiling. What a honey bun!!! Tonight I paid for that nap. He did not want to go to sleep. America usually just puts him down with a bottle and he goes straight to sleep. Tonight I put him down with a bottle and kept checking on him. Finally the last time I checked on him he was up on a pillow smiling at me. Kind of like he was saying "I'm not going to sleep yet mommy". Bless his little heart. He was fighting sleep tonight but being stubborn. Finally he gave in with ANOTHER bottle. The boy loves to drink. He had at least two bottles of water today, one of orange drink (like OJ) and Four bottles. He is such a healthy baby. Oh and I am going through about 7 diapers a day...about what I expected. ;-))

Tomorrow should be more adventurous than today was. ;-)) I do enjoy just being here with Zachary...playing with him and kissing him. He got in his jumper today that hangs from the door and was jumping all over the place. That thing is a lifesaver I'm telling you. He just loves it. He jumps up and down and just smiles and laughs. He actually wore himself out one time and was falling asleep while still in the jumper.

Ok, happy Friday to everyone. Hope your weekend is relaxing and wonderful!

Hugs...

No comments: