Sunday, April 15, 2007

Day 14






HAPPY 11 MONTH BIRTHDAY ZACHARY!!!!! It's hard to believe that in one more month Zachary will be one year old! Time flies. ;-))) He has been such a good boy today. He is busy charming all of the little baby girls and has the servers in the restaurant downstairs wrapped around his little finger (along with me of course).

We are very excited because Nana will be here in just a few hours!! Yeah! Her flight arrives at 1:16 pm. Zachary and I will be at the airport to greet her and bring her back to the hotel with us. We are very so happy that the day is finally here!!!!!!!! She will be meeting her grandson for the first time. This is going to be SO special!! I'm almost tearing up just thinking about it. We will have someone there to take pictures for us too. ;-))

This morning we woke up about 8:00 am. That was only because Aunt Veronica called over here and invited us to breakfast. ;-)) We should have gotten up and gone with them but we were lazy. About 45 minutes later, we got a phone call from our friend Susan who is here to pick her daughter Evvy up. Little Evvy is SO precious. She just smiles and smiles and her mommy had her dressed in the cutest little yellow outfit. ;-))) Evvy also had her nana and papa with her. I can tell that they are all just thrilled to be here with Evvy and can't wait to take her home with them!!!

Zachary and I didn't do much until lunch time. Then we went downstairs to the restaurant and we had the buffet. It was awesome! We had baked fish, baked chicken, rice and tomato sauce and pina colada and raspberry sherbert. Zachary ate VERY well at lunch. He had everyone's attention too. He met another little girl at lunch and she and her mommy ended up giving Zachary a toy that they had. They had two so they wanted him to have one. I thought that was very sweet. Then the waiters were all talking to Zachary and holding him. Everyone just loves him. I got some great pictures which I will post.

After that, Zachary and I walked a few blocks to the grocery store so we could get some more bottled water, cereal, milk and cookies. I put all of the groceries in my back pack and it was REALLY heavy. I was so tired by the time we got back here.

Then around 6:30, I went downstairs and had a massage. Veronica and her sister Becky, graciously watched Zachary for me. The massage was supposed to only be for 30 minutes but she ended up being able to do it for an hour. It was awesome. The massages here are a little different than what we are used to in the US. They rub you ALL over....chest and behind. If you are shy, I wouldn't recommend a massage in Guatemala. We all no that I'm not shy so it wasn't a problem for me at all.

So then Zachary and I went to dinner with a few other friends and their babies. The dinner was very good. Zachary behaved like a little angel. ;-))

We came back to our room and I fed him dinner. He ate the whole jar of Cream of Chicken. He really LOVES that stuff!!! I am going to have to stock up on it when I get home. Then I gave him his bottle and now he is OUT. I have to say that getting him to sleep is a BREEZE!! I feel VERY fortunate. I know that is not the case with a lot of babies. I got lucky!!!

Ok, well, guess I'll go take a nice hot bath and then get ready for bed. Hope everyone had a great weekend. Tune in tomorrow for more adventure stories....

Hugs and Kisses, Rebecca and Zachary

No comments: