Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Good news today

Today we found out that our attorney applied for Zachary's new birth certificate today. YIPPEE!! It's about time. We have been out of PGN for 10 days. She just got the certified adoption decree back today. The birth certificate could take anywhere from 3-10 days. Of course, I am praying for the 3 days! Once the birth certificate is issued, it will go to the Embassy along with some other paperwork so that they can process the Visa. That will take a couple of days and then we'll get a PINK slip and the Embassy will give us a date and time for our Embassy appt. I am getting really excited now...especially since it will be March in just a couple of hours. Then I can say that my baby is coming home THIS month!!! ZIPPIDEEDOOODAAAA

Right now I'm hoping that we hear something next week. I think I'll leave Philip alone for the rest of this week. He has alot on his mind right now. The Protocolo of Good Practices that President Berger's wife is pushing in Guatemala right now is causing a lot of controversy. The last announcement from Guatemala said that if prospective adoptive parents don't have their Power of Attorney filed by next Monday, they will not be allowed to adopt. This has people going nutz as you can imagine. Hopefully this will blow over and go away like it has previously. I feel so bad for people just starting the process. I am SO thankful that we are in the clear now.

ALSO, more good news today. My friend Bethany found out that they are on the Director's Desk!!! This is great news!! It appears that they didn't get any kickouts and now they are just waiting on Director Barrios to sign the final decree. YIPPEE!!! I am SO excited for her. Her little angel will be home soon!!! Congrats Bethany!!!

I will post again tomorrow!!!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Hey! First of all, let me say that I am very happy for you! Congratulations on your great news.

Second of all, I do not seem to hear about the things going on in Guatemala (I am sometimes thankful for that.) Anyway, if we are in PGN are we clear too??!!

Mindy said...

I am soooooo hoping you get PINK soon and can BRING THAT BOY HOME!!!!!
Lots of HUGS