Monday, February 26, 2007

Monday

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Ours was good. We went home to see my parents. My family is so excited about Zachary coming home. Like me, they just can't wait! My mom and stepdad gave Zachary a mattress for his crib for Christmas so we brought it home yesterday. It was so much fun last night to make up his bed. ;-)) His room is all ready. All we need now is Zachary!

I spoke to Philip today and he said that he and Cinthya (our attorney in Guatemala) are still optimistic that we may still be able to beat the cutoff. The birth certificate was supposed to be ordered last Friday but he told me that Cinthya was waiting on the certified adoption decree. He said that she should have it today. So I asked when the birth certificate would be ordered and he said today or tomorrow. So now we need to pray that they generate the birth certificate very quickly so that we will have enough time to get that, submit it to the Embassy for them to process the visa and paperwork and then issue a PINK slip. Then they will make our Embassy appt. That is really a lot to get done. I also found out today the embassy will not be giving appts out during the week of March 12-16 but you can have a previously scheduled appt. for that week. More than likely it would be scheduled the week before. There has been a lot of conflicting information about the shutdown dates so I went to the Dept. of State website to find out what the real deal is.

I am really trying to stay calm. I have been doing a pretty good job of it since we got out of PGN (after the initial jumping up and down and screaming session I had). Now I'm a little more anxious. I went to Wal-Mart tonight and felt the urge to buy a few things for Zachary...diapers, sippy cups, and a pair of precious little shoes. ;-)) I am just praying that we get an appt. by the week of March 12. I also found out today that the Embassy shuts down for Holy Week, which is the week prior to Easter. I talked to Philip about this today and he said that he thinks we'll definitely have Zachary home before then. YEAH!!!!!!

OK, I'm going to spend a little time in his room now. The adoption.com website is down so I'm lost. I'm dying to get on there and see if there were any OUTs today!!!! I'm praying for lots this week!!

Have a great night.

No comments: