Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Wednesday

Well, I was in a seminar all day today so I was checking my phone every 2 minutes to make sure that I had a signal, that it was working, that I had no messages, etc. I spoke to Philip one time this morning and then I spoke to him this afternoon. During our last conversation, he said that Cinthya (our attorney in Guatemala) believes that we will get out of PGN sometime around the 26th of February. She is basing this on the fact that the worker at the window at PGN where Cinthya goes to submit files and get updates told her that on average it is taking about 2 months for files to get out after they are resubmitted. Ok, normally I would go through the roof over yet another inconsistency, etc. This time I remained calm and determined that I actually know more than my agency does. I have been watching the forums online and I have seen lots of OUTs for December. It appears that the Director is signing off on files around December 15 right now. I was resubmitted on December 26 so he is very close to my file. Also, there were some holidays in there which will be to my benefit because it means that no files were submitted on those days because PGN was closed. Also, remember that I spoke to Adoption Supervisors last week and they also said that they believe I will be out this week or possibly the first of next week.

So whereas Philip and Cinthya may be thinking about February 26, Rebecca is still thinking that the magical call with come either later this week or next week. I mean, I've said all along that it could take 8 weeks after resubmission but based on the statistics that I'm seeing right now, that is not the case. So we will remain optimistic, keep praying and remember that God is in control and he is overseeing everything!!!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Hey Rebecca. My husband and I found out that we were kicked out today. We have not experienced this before, so naturally we are CRUSHED!! I am definitely praying that you get OUT this week. And if you have any advice on how to handle this PLEASE let me know!