Sunday, February 4, 2007

KERSTIN IS HAVING A BOY

I am SO excited!! I just got an email from my close friend in Germany, Kerstin (pronounced Kestin). She and I are sisters (not by blood but in our hearts). She found out four months ago that she was pregnant. I was beyond ecstatic!!! Today I got an email from her and she told me that "IT'S A BOY"!! Oh my gosh!!! Yippee!!! She is due the first of July. I SO wish I could go visit her right now. She is already beautiful but I know that she is just adorable pregnant. I have begged her to send me some pictures. She is in good hands because she has a wonderful fiance' (Jochem) (the J is pronounced as a Y) and a very loving family to support her.
Now I want to share the story behind our friendship and how we met. In high school, Kerstin was an exchange student and she played the xylophone in the band, and so did I. We immediately became really good friends and the next time that she came back to the U.S., she lived with my dad and me. That's the part where we became like sisters. We lost touch for a few years and got wrapped up in our own lives and then we reconnected again several years later. (By the way, that will NEVER happen again!!) We have seen each other several times since then. She came to the U.S. and we took a 2 week trip to Destin, Florida, New Orleans and Birmingham, AL. We had a wild and crazy time! We were both single and carefree! Then the next year I went to Germany to visit her. We traveled all around Europe. We went to Brugge, Belgium, Amsterdam, Holland, Milan, Italy and all over Germany. We had a wonderful time and I got to see a lot of the beautiful country in Europe!!! Then this past July, Kerstin came to visit again and we went on a cruise to the Bahamas and Key West. We often referred to this trip as "our last trip as singles and my last trip without babies." We both had boyfriends at the time but neither of us was "hitched" so to speak. THEN we get back from our cruise and a couple of months go by and Kerstin calls and tells me that she is pregnant!! YIPPEE..I'm going to have a nephew!! ;-)) We have been friends now for almost 20 years. We are very excited that our boys will be close in age. One day we plan to let them experience the world of exchange students. I'll host her son and she'll host mine! How exciting will that be??!? I am just so excited about the future!!!

No comments: