Sunday, May 27, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend

We have had a great weekend. Friday we got our portraits back from. Zachary looks SO precious in the pictures. I went out and bought frames and I have pictures of him all over this house. While I was out shopping for frames, I decided to buy some shelves. I got them installed and now I can keep stuff out of those curious little hands.

Yesterday morning we got up early to attend a funeral out of town. Our friend's mom passed away this past week. Once we left the graveside service, Zachary and I went to eat at Cracker Barrel (one of mommy's favorite restaurants.) After that we ventured back to Charlotte. We got home and relaxed for about an hour and then we went to our neighbors' house for a cookout. We had a great time. They were all playing with Zachary, which gave me a break. He was SO good...just smiling and talking to everyone. (Ok, babbling) We got home around 10:30 pm. That was good because I put him to bed and again, he slept through the night until I woke him up for church this morning. We made it to Sunday school and church and then we went to visit our friend Grady and his wife. Neither of them are doing very well right now. They are both in their 90s and are very close friends of mine. It's SO hard to see them going downhill so quickly. I know they have lived long and happy lives but it's hard to just sit around and wait on the inevitable.

After we left there, we came home and took a long nap...about 2 1/2 hours. During this nap, I had a very frightening nightmare. It involved the stairs and Zachary. You can figure out the rest. Needless to say, when we got up from our nap, we headed out to look at baby gates. I stayed in Babies-r-Us for one hour looking at gates, this is after I had already researched them at home. So I bought three. 2 of them I really like but the third one is going back. It was the most expensive and I looked online to see the reviews and they weren't too good. I decided that I'm taking that one back and find a different one. I got the one two installed and they both look nice. My cats aren't very happy about these gates but they'll just have to get used to them.

That about the extent of our weekend. We stayed on the go...as usual. It was basically just a typical mommy and baby weekend. Zachary was in a good mood most of the time. He is really exploring these days. He is about to walk...I'm just sure of it. He has a toy that he walks behind and I've noticed that over the last week, he's moving a lot faster. It won't be long now.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.

Hugs,
Rebecca

No comments: