Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Busy Week

Today was not an easy day for sure. Zachary had a follow-up doctor's appointment this afternoon. Since it appears that his ear infection is cleared up, the doctor wanted him to have his one year immunizations. So he had to have three shots, two in the leg and one in the arm and then he had to have a hepatitis check. It was a nightmare. He cried and cried and it just BROKE my heart. I don't know which of us was in the worst shape when we left. As soon as they finished giving him the shots, I picked him up and just held him and hugged him for about 5 minutes before we left. He was so upset. We have to go back on Friday so they can do the reading for hepatitis. Poor little guy!!! Anyway, we left there and I had to run 2 errands. He was fine in about 5 minutes but my nerves were SHOT. We got home and went for a walk and then came in and played for a couple of hours, ate dinner, took a bath and then he went to bed around 9pm. He went straight to sleep. I know he was just exhausted.

I believe that it's very difficult to find a good pediatrician. I believe that we have a good one. He came highly recommended by one of the attorneys that I work with. They have been seeing him for 8 years. This doctor has a very good reputation so I feel fortunate that we found a good one. I have heard some horror stories. Today I was talking to him about the immunizations and the concerns that I have about them....especially after some of the things that I have read. He gave me all kinds of information to read and a few websites for reference. We also talked about what Zachary should be eating right now and about his milk/formula. He said that we could start him on whole milk now since he's reached one year. He also said that Zachary can start eating real food now and learn to feed himself. He tries to do that already. It's just challengine trying to figure out what he will and will not eat. So far I haven't had much luck with him eating green beans. He did eat some grits this morning and seemed to like it. He absolutely LOVES the apples and chicken baby food. I am thinking about making some homemade for him. He also loves oatmeal. I don't want to feed him a lot of fatty foods or foods with a lot of salt or sugar. I am tring to feed him really healthy stuff. I also have started giving him vitamins every day. I'm lucky because Zachary LOVES water, orange juice, apple juice, prune juice, etc. He is pretty easy to please with drinks.

Zachary has been sleeping in his crib most nights that we are home. Sometimes when he is really restless, he may cry so then I pick him up and put him in the pack and play in my room. He usually goes right to sleep. He is waking up around 4am and cries a little. I usually give him a bottle but I think I am going to try to stop doing that. We'll see how it goes. I guess tonight will be my first "test" run.

Tomorrow we have a few things that do. I want to find a wagon for him so we are going to look for one. We also need to go to Sam's Club and to Target. Whatever I do, I have to make sure that he gets his nap in between 12-1. I learned how important it is to keep him on his schedule. It makes my life so much easier.

Ok, well that's all for tonight. I am exhausted so I think I'll head to bed.

Hugs, Rebecca

1 comment:

Mindy said...

OK...the picture with him in the sunglasses is just TOO adorable for words. Mikayla wants to know if he is available? She said she needs a good, strong man...and I told her she needs a MIL that I will get along with...so it works out perfectly! Love ya!
Mindy