Thursday, May 3, 2007

A Challenging Moment

This morning I went in to check on Zachary at 9:30 am and he was standing up in his crib smiling at me. What an angel. ;-)) We got up, I gave him a bottle and rocked him for a while. I knew that today I was going to have to go get the dreaded blood work done. We got ready and ran a few errands and then it was off to the hospital. He actually did pretty well but he cried a little, I think really just because he couldn't move around, and he got mad. It tore me up inside. I was about to cry myself. There were four nurses in the room with him and he was smiling and charming all of the at first. Then he got upset. Finally it was over. I sat in the waiting room for a little bit comforting him and trying to make him feel better. It took me longer to get over it than it did him. Anyway, we left there and went to Party City to get some balloons and some supplies for his birthday party. His theme is going to be "Curious George". It describes him perfectly. ;-))

This afternoon he took a nap and then we played with his toys on the floor. I also took a nap. ;-)) After we played for a few hours, I fixed Zachary some dinner. He ate green beans and apples and chicken baby food (one of his favorite). He had a really good dinner. ;-)

Tonight I gave him a bath and then put him to bed. For some reason he had a really hard time going to sleep. I rocked him for about an hour and then he was OUT. I think I'm getting ready to head to bed too. This has been a tiring day!

Tune in tomorrow....

HUGS!

No comments: