Thursday, March 8, 2007

Zachary now officially has my last name!!!

We received the birth certificate today!!!! Another prayer answered!!! Zachary is now a Harmon-Steen. ;-)) As soon as he gets home, we will both be Harmons because I am having our names changed back to my maiden name. My friend Veronica also got her birth certificate today. We are on the exact same timeline!!! ;-))) This means that more than likely we will be travelling to pick up the babies at the same time. I am on the countdown now. I have already started looking at flights. I am planning to go down on the 26th even if I don't have an appointment yet. Of course, this is subject to change based on what happens over the next week or so.

Ok, so here's what happens next. The birth certificate is being translated and our attorney will have it back either tomorrow afternoon or Monday. (I would love to believe that it will be tomorrow BUT based on what we've seen with this agency, I'd say it will be Monday). The birth certificate will then be submitted to the Guatemalan Embassy for them to issue the passport. The agency said that it takes a week but I don't believe that based on what I've seen. Passports are typically issued in 24-48 hours. So once we get that back, we will be submitted to the US Embassy for a PINK slip and appointment. This usually happens in 48 hours and during that time the Embassy doctor will examine Zachary. Then they will issue our appointment date. This is the tricky part. Since there that *#&@^ convention going on the week of the 19th, we will be delayed a little. So more than likely, we will have the passport back by the 14th or 15th and then be submitted for PINK the next day. That means that our appointment will probably be scheduled for the last week of March or possibly the first week of April. Also, the week prior to Easter, the Embassy is closed the 5th and 6th. We could possibly get pushed to the next week but I'm trying not to think about this. I'm just praying that we get that appt. the last week. If we don't, I may be travelling alone. My mom won't be able to go the 1st or 2nd week of April. ;-(( So, we'll see what happens. Tune in for more exciting news to come. ;-))
HUGS!!!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Congratulations!! I know you are so happy right now! I hope you are home with Zachary REALLY soon!

keelstar said...

Yipee! This is great news and what a day to celebrate for both you and Veronica! I hope that Bethany & I will be soon to follow in your footsteps! I am so glad that Zachary is coming home!

Susan said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for you. At least your agency gives you updates :) Maybe we will be down there together. Good luck and congrats on the BC.

Susan