Sunday, March 18, 2007

There are good things to come......

This has been a really good weekend. I have stayed very busy and been very productive. Friday night I didn't do much..by choice, I just stayed on my couch. I was still in a bit of a funk. Yesterday morning I got up with an attitude and decided that I'm not going to let anyone else control my life (i.e. the Guatemalan gov't, the US Embassy, my agency, etc.) I could have stayed on the couch all weekend but instead I stayed on the go. I went to the gym for 1 1/2 hours yesterday morning then out shopping and running errands. I came home and took a nap and then I met my friend Celeste for dinner last night. It was great to get out! Then I came home and put Zachary's valance up. I FINALLY decided on one. It's so cute. I'll post a picture of it later tonight. His little room is really coming together. I still don't have the border up but I really don't feel like taking that on right now. Hhhhmmm...may not happen?! This morning I went to church. We had a great service and of course everyone was anxiously asking me "Any news"? I told them that I plan to fly out on April 2, regardless of when our appt. is. I just can't wait any longer. It's plain and simple. I really believe it will be the week of the 11th. That's what I'm hoping for anyway. That way I will be there just under 2 weeks. I am so excited. I have been packing today, organizing things, cleaning, etc. I put up some ventilated shelving today...don't let anyone ever tell you that it's easy to do. NOT! Anyway, I got them up and it's so awesome. I have more storage space and I can keep more stuff out of Zachary's reach. ;-)) I'm trying to decide on dinner now and I'm leaning towards Jamaican Jerk Shrimp! ;-) I may as well treat myself, right?!

Hope you all have had a good weekend. Thanks for all of the encourage comments!! HUGS, Rebecca

2 comments:

keelstar said...

I'm praying every day that you & Veronica don't have to wait much longer for PINK and that your appointment dates are really soon! I'm so glad you are staying positive and not allowing things to control your life. Everything is happening the way God has always intended them to. It would be so nice if we could see the big picture and know why things happen the way they do...someday we can ask God for answers. I hope that this is the week we've all been waiting for. I feel like we have to get out of PGN this week & Bethany too!

Susan said...

Hang in there Rebecca. This has got to be our week! It is so draining but it will all be over soon and we will be floating on cloud 9 with our babies.

THINK PINK!
Susan