Monday, June 11, 2007

Zachary's First Day at Daycare & My First Day Back at Work

Today was a great day but I am tired because I didn't get my 2 hour nap. ;-)) I did manage to get a one hour nap when I got home at 3:30 today. This morning I got up at 7am, got ready for the gym, got Zachary up around 7:30 and then we took off to daycare. It's five minutes away so it's very convenient. I stayed with him for about 45 minutes. He has such a good personality. He went right in, waving at everyone, grabbed one little girl's hand and took off playing. He would turn around and look at me every few minutes. When I got ready to leave he gave me hugs and kisses and then we waved bye-bye. I got in an hour workout and then went to work. I called to check on Zachary 3 times today and he did great. One thing that I really like about our daycare is that at the end of every day they give you a sheet that tells everything your child did that day....including diaper changes, what they ate and nap time. I left work at 3pm and picked him up. He was so happy to see me. He came crawling over to me as fast as he could just a smiling. What a honey!!!! I am truly blessed!!!

So that's about the extent of our day. The key for me to stay organized is to make sure I keep up with stuff every day...set out Zachary's clothes every night, pack my gym bag every night and get in bed by 10 or 10:30. I decided to try taking Zachary's stuff for the week to the nursery every Monday. I packed diapers, wipes, food, juice, cookies, etc. for the week and took them in today. The only thing I have to send with him every day is a bottle for nap time. That definitely makes things easier.

Before I go, I want to answer a few questions that have been asked.

1) No, Mike and I are not together. I broke up with him in March. I just didn't feel right about things and I could see a lot of signs that he was going to be really jealous of Zachary. I wasn't playing that game with him. I know I made the right choice. We just weren't right for each other.

2) Do I have another boyfriend? No. I'm really not interested in guys right now. I have all of my attention on Zachary at the moment. I do have one prospect. He has a great personality. We have been friends for a couple of years. I'm just not sure whether it will go anywhere. Time will tell.

3) What kind of surgery did Zachary have last week? He had his circumcision last Thursday. He is doing great. We go back on Thursday for a follow up visit. It was really hard for me to go through with it because I hated to think about him being in pain but I knew I was making the right choice. He will definitely thank me when he gets older.

4) Do I live close to my family? My family lives about 1 hour and 45 minutes from me. I am fortunate to have some good friends close by.

5) What kind of work do I do? I am a commercial real estate paralegal for a large law firm in Charlotte. I have been there for two years. Yes, I enjoy my work. It's very interesting and I'm one of those people that work well under pressure. ;-))

I think that's all of the questions. If you have more, send them on. For now, I'm going to finish up a few things so that I can wind down in the next 30 minutes or so. I hope you all had a great day. To my friend Susan, I hope you had a great first day back at work too.

HUGS...

1 comment:

Susan said...

Rebecca,
It sounds like you and Zachary had a great first day back at work/daycare. Evvy had a bit of a tough day but it will get easier.

I was thinking about you guys today. Thanks for thinking about us!

Hugs,
Susan & Evvy