Monday, June 2, 2008

What's up with us?!














Seems like I'm having to apologize a lot lately for not posting! Thanks for all of the emails checking on us. We are doing great! We are just so busy we can't see straight. Literally between Zachary, church, work, exercising and our extraciricular activities, we stay on the go. On and don't let me forget to mention the boyfriend. That also takes up a lot of time. ;-) He's wonderful and we see each other pretty much every day. We have really been on the go over the last month. We went home to my parents house for Mother's Day and then weekend before last we went out of town to meet Mitch's family. We had a wonderful time and really love his family!

To bring you all up to date, my back is completely healed now. I am back on a regular workout routine and feeling good! I had a rough couple of weeks but now that's all history. Back trouble must be in the air because I have run in to SO many people lately that are suffering with back pain. It's no fun at all! The medication that I was on really messed me up too. I'm so happy to be drug free now! ;-)

So Zachary turned two years old on May 15! It's SO hard to believe!! I feel like he was just born a couple of months ago. We had a few friends over for a little party. I fully expected him to put his face in the cake but instead he sat in his chair and ate it with a spoon! WHAT!?! Go figure! I couldn't believe it. This child ceases to amaze me. He has such good manners and is so polite. He says "please", "thank you" and "you're welcome" over and over again!! I'm not saying that he doesn't have his days...because let me tell you he does. I have to say that I am truly blessed!! I couldn't have asked for a better child. So not only is he polite but he is SO smart! People are always commenting on how intelligent he is. He can tell you where his eyes, ears, nose, head, feet, tummy, neck and hands are. He is talking up a storm and has now started putting sentences together. For instance, sometimes he'll ask for Mitch and I'll say, he's not here or he's at work and Zachary will say, "Mitch gone to work". It's so cute! He's also on a roll right now where sometimes I'll ask him to do something and he'll say "No mommy, No mommy...No". Usually I'll talk right back to him and say "Yes Zachary"...you have to do it or whatever. He can also tell you all of the animal sounds. The other day I asked him the question, what does mommy say? He said "gobble, gobble". I guess that means I'm a turkey!! ;-))

The other highlight of our lives right now is that we are really exercising a lot. We have been riding bikes a lot. I used to ride in 200 mile bike tours and I always felt great. I decided to get back in to that so I bought an Instep bike trailer for Zachary. It's SO cute. I'll have to post a picture out here so you can see it. It connects to my bike and I pull him around the neighborhood, through parks and on the greenways. I don't ever take him on the road though because I'm terrified of the crazy drivers. We have a great place to ride in our neighborhood. It comes up to about 8 miles total. So if I ride it twice that's 16 miles. Not too bad for a day! I'm on a major health kick right now and determined to get 25 lbs. off. That's what I have left after losing 5 lbs. My goal is to do this by mid July. I should be able to accomplish this if I stay on track. I'll keep you posted.

I promise to post pictures soon! My laptop is on the blink so I haven't been on it much. I'll see if I can get some pictures downloaded in the next couple of days.

Hugs.....

No comments: