Wednesday, April 23, 2008

OUR SPECIAL DAY

THEN:

Just landed in Charlotte. Welcome home Zachary!!







NOW:







Last Saturday was a very special day for us! It was one year exactly since we brought Zachary home to Charlotte. I remember it like it was yesterday! It was one of the happiest days of my life. We have had a wonderful year together! He has changed so much. Not only hasn't he grown a lot but he has gotten really tall, his personality has really blossomed and his vocabulary has expanded. He is such a happy child. We are tight as bee's wax and can't stand to be away from each other for very long. ;-) Ok, so here are some pictures from 'then and now'.

We have been very busy and there's been so much going on. I guess the most pressing and unfortunate thing is that I pulled my lower back out Saturday before last. I have been out of work for the most part of two weeks now. I am pretty much in excrutiating pain all of the time. I have been going to the chiropractor a lot....like 10 times in 12 days. Tomorrow I am going to an orthopedic doctor. Based on the fact that my back hasn't improved much, I believe that it's time to take the next step. They are probably going to do an MRI and put me in physical therapy. It has been a rough last couple of weeks but we're making it, with lots of help and prayers. Now, I have to stop and say this. I know that my friends all over the country read this but I also know that some of my local friends read it as well. I just want to stop and say that I honestly don't know what I would have done without you guys the last 2 weeks. I have had friends in and out of here just about every day helping me with Zachary and everything else. I couldn't have made it with out you guys and I am SO grateful!! Words can't even express my gratitude. So I just want to send out a BIG "Thank You". It hurts me to pick Zachary up and that just breaks my heart. I have had to have someone else bathe him, rock him and put him in bed for me over the last couple of weeks. I've done it a few times but it definitely set me back. He's about 27 lbs now and every time I pick him up, I end up in even more pain with in a few hours.

Ok, so enough of that. I know I will be better soon and life will be back to normal. I have to get to bed now but wanted to post this before too much time went by. I meant to post last Saturday but there was so much going on that I didn't get around to it. I am also having problems with my computer. I guess it's going to blow up next. Our luck the last two weeks has not been good at all, but somehow we've managed to keep a fairly good attitude about it. After I pulled my back out, a couple of days later Zachary got pink eye. So I had to take him to the dr and then I had to go to urgent care because I was in so much pain. THEN, my tv blew up and I am now getting the "blue screen of death" error on my computer. Geez, it's one thing after another. I did get a really nice, new HDTV, widescreen out of it, which I LOVE!! Oh and then Z got pink eye in his other eye. Today I picked him up from daycare and another child had bitten him on his forehead. I was NOT happy about that...but unfortunately there's not much you can do about it at this age. So, that's a brief synopsis of what's going on with us. I promise to post again soon with an update!

Hope you are all doing well! Hugs....

2 comments:

Nora Glenys said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your back. I pray all will be well soon. The year has flown by. I can't believe it's gone by so fast. Zachary is so handsome. I love his hair cut. I really hope we will be able to get Zachary and Nora together before another year goes by. We love you both.

Pam

Mindy said...

HAPPY ONE YEAR HOME SWEET LITTLE MAN! I remember meeting you when you were just a teeny little man...but your mom would say the same thing about Mikayla...NOW look at them. Oh how they grow and how quickly the time passes us by!

As for you back. When Alec was three I did this. For me, it ended up with a surgery. I ruptured a disc and the therpay wasn't going to help. It was horrible...all of it and still to this day I have to take painkillers to help...even though I had the surgery. I can't hold Mikayla for much more then 10 minutes and the pain hits me so I know how you feel and it's NOT fun. Are you taking anything for the pain? Honestly, I just took them and carried on being a mom. But I had Kris to help me and I don't know what I would have done without him. I will be praying for you. Back issues are horrible and it's so tough! I am also sorry to hear about the pink eye and the TV! You are really having a rough time lately...but, when it rains it DOES pour..but usually, when the rain stops...the rainbow DOES come out again.
Praying for your rainbow soon....