Sunday, June 15, 2008

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY *Update*

Hope all of the dads out there have a WONDERFUL Father's Day!! This gives me a chance to reflect on my own dad who has always been very supportive and loving. (Unfortunately, because my computer blew up recently, I don't have any pictures to post of my dad. I will see if I can find some and post them later today.) God really blessed my brother and me when he chose this man to be our Dad. He is a strong Christian with high morals and values. He is also a family man. I know that when I was growing up I gave him some gray hairs during some of my "rowdy" times. Hopefully now in my adult life I have made up for some of that. He and I are very close and talk at least several times per week. We used to talk every day but things get so busy sometimes that it's hard to do everything that we need to in a day, especially with a 2 year old running around. Oh and this brings me to my next point. He just adores Zachary and loves spending time with him. He talks about the future and things that he wants to do with Zachary. Just last weekend he said that he is excited about taking Zachary fishing one day when he gets a little older.

My dad came up last weekend and spent Saturday and Sunday with us. It is always such a blessing to have him around. He's like a ray of sunshine! When he left to go back home, I was so sad. I bet I have told him 3 or 4 times this week how much I miss him. I believe Zachary misses him too because he keeps saying "Where Papa"?! When daddy and I are on the phone, I let Zachary talk to him too. He'll say things like "Hi Papa" and "Love you Papa". It's so cute to hear!

I also wanted to mention my stepdad on Father's Day. He has been a blessing in our lives as well. He is very close to Zachary and loves spending time with. Since he and my dad (and brother) are all named "David", we call him "Papa Sease". I watch him with Zachary when we visit and they are always doing stuff together. Whether it's walking around in the yard looking at the flowers, out on the balcony playing with the wind chimes or sitting in the recliner together, it's obvious that they love each other. In May my mom and David kept Zachary for the weekend while I was away at a CLE. I know that he had a great time and that they enjoyed having him there. It was also nice for me to get a break and not have to worry about Zachary. I knew that they were taking good care of him.

On my piano I have several pictures. One of them is a picture of my mom, David and me when we went on a cruise to Hawaii about 5 years ago. Zachary looks at the picture and can tell you who every person is. He'll say "papa", "nana" and "mommy". Next to that picture is a picture of my dad. So then Zachary looks at that picture and says "papa". ;- One thing is for sure, he loves his papas, nana and mommy!!!

As for us, Zachary is getting better every day. He is still coughing but it's so much better than it was. I am still giving him breathing treatments every 4 hours and he's getting a lot of rest. The bad news is that I am now sick and believe that I have the croup. Unfortunately if that's the case, there's not much that the doctor can do for me. I still think that we may go over to Urgent Care today. I noticed for the last two nights, when I lie down I have a hard time breathing and every time I breathe, I hear this wheezing/whistling sound. It makes me think that I may have some pneumonia too. I hope not but I guess we'll know in a few hours after we see the doctor. If I do have pneumonia, I will be going on antibiotics too. Let's just pray that isn't the case. This is the last thing I need right now!!

*Update* We went to Urgent Care and found out that I have bronchitis! She said that she is basing it on the way my cough sounds and the fact that I am wheezing at night. She gave me Zithromax (antibiotic) that I have to take for five days and a stong cough medicine (which already seems to be helping). So, I guess that's that. Zachary and I napped this afternoon for several hours. I actually feel a lot better than I did when I first laid down. I'm just ready for both of us to get well so we can get out on the greenway and ride bikes. I really miss exercising right now. I feel so lazy and lethargic!

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

(((HUGS)))

2 comments:

David G. Filhart (a.k.a. the Davey Baby) said...

Rebecca,
Thank you so much for your nice comments!! And we are happy to have made a new friend! You look like you have some pretty cool stuff on your blog too! Cute kid! We can arrange a marriage (j/k) ! ;) Becky's (my wife) sister lives in Charlotte too. Says it is beautiful up there! Take care of yourself and little Zachary! If you don't mind, we are linking to your blog as we find it inspiring.
mucho love,
Dave, Becky, and Baby Mia
Mesa, AZ

Donovan said...

Rebecca,

I pray that you are feeling much better soon. May God bless you and little Zachary!

Jack