Friday, June 13, 2008

Friday at Last *Update*


Look at that mouthful of beautiful teeth.

Mama's Boy!

"Give me 5 mommy!"



"Night Night Elmo"









"This is my serious look."

It's been a crazy and stressful week. Zachary started coughing so I took him to the doctor on Tuesday and found out that he has the croup! Little did I know that someone in his class had this last week...and go figure, no one bothered to send notes home letting the other parents know what was going on. To top it off, the child had croup all week and his parents apparently didn't know so he was at school without going to the doctor for several days. For anyone who doesn't know, croup is a viral infection and is highly contagious until treated. SO you can see what I have been dealing with this week. Then we went to the doctor for a follow up yesterday and the doctor sent us to have chest x-rays done on Zachary (that was an ordeal within itself). Well, the x-ray showed that Zachary has pneumonia in his left lung. Forunately we caught it early so hospitalization is not required. Thank God!!!!! He is on a round of antibiotics for 10 days and I have to give him breathing treatments every 4 hours. Oh and let me add that he hates them!!!!! We have to go back to the doctor for another checkup this afternoon. I am thankful that we have a really good doctor. She is very conscientous and goes the extra mile to make sure her patients get the best care.

As for today, I can tell that Zachary is getting better because today, for the first time in several days, he is more like himself. He's talking more, finally eating more and playing more. The doctor said that he needs LOTS of rest so that's my focus right now. He slept until 10am this morning and I just put him down for a nap a few minutes ago. I'm hoping that he'll sleep for several hours. In the meantime, I am going to clean house and do some laundry. I may manage to get a nap myself...and I probably need it because I believe I may be in the early stages of croup myself. Please pray that's not the case.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! I'll post another update when we get back from the doctor's office.

UPDATE: So we went to the doctor and got a good report today. Zachary has really improved since starting his antibiotics. His chest is already sounding better. The doctor said to continue the antibiotics for 8 more days and continue his breathing treatments every 4 hours for several more days (until his cough gets better). SO thankful for this good news!!!!! We'll keep you posted on his progress. For now, here are some pictures that I took today. You can tell that he is getting back to himself....laughing and giggling a lot. ;-))

(((HUGS)))

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Thanks for the comment-I love meeting new "friends". Your little guy is so adorable. Hope he feels better soon and that you don't get sick. I used to be a pediatric nurse and croup is horrible! What agency did you go through? We used All God's Children International.

Samantha said...

Glad he is feeling better. I'd love to be added to your friends (I already added you! =)