Monday, October 29, 2007

What a great weekend


One year ago: Zachary and Savannah

One year ago: Meredith and Zachary
href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiwMfL3wzOynQc29UbzRVkueTbKMBrgEelTTdC6KumiPjReKiboOJSQ-wS2GTbNQX61avscz_YbNZW2ePId-aErJRolhUD5lVag5K231ieSOUez6BoQiSoA2LhbearlWa7m-xkDghlgC30A/s1600-h/October29+073.jpg">
Mommy and me

Mommy's gift from God.

Mommy and her little man

"Two pumpkins down...two to go."

Pumpkin Baby

"Let me see if I can pick this thing up."
href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiS0zSXAd9tfTT4TiCefxZz4z9G6B3dkKw7sB_S2Mh4-Fh0KL72TojR8zhqvrlJReObLl7UV4EvYR8MCbmoLGOsq6MUU2XbPSquEwu8roVW5-yB3hyphenhyphenybBrpO6DUXuSDGxopm2joQl5a2Vq6/s1600-h/October29+066.jpg">
"uuummmm, isn't this one for girls mommy?"

Zachary's first time seeing a llama.

We love the bunny rabbits.

Zachary and Uncle Jim are ready for the hayride.

Just hanging out

"Mommy, I already know how to play basketball."

"Thanks Sara. I can reach the basket now."

"I wonder if I can make this shot."

"Well, I'll just take my ball and leave then."

Future basketball player

It's true...I'm in to everything!

We had SO much fun last weekend. Saturday morning, we met Sara at the gym, played some basketball with Zachary and then we worked out for 1 1/2 hours. Burn baby burn!! ;-)) Then we left there and later in the afternoon we went shopping with Sara at the mall. We had fun running all around...helping her get everything together for her Halloween costume. She dressed up like a mafia woman. ;-)) I would be posting pictures but unfortunately her camera got stolen at the party on Saturday night. ;-((

So then Saturday evening, Zachary and I picked Nana Dot up at her house and we all went to the church up the street from our house for a Fall Festival. We had a blast. They had everything set up in the gym so we let Zachary go inside. He was running around everywhere....just laughing and laughing. Zachary and I did the cake walk and would you believe that I won FOUR times in about 30 minutes?! So we had all of this cake, all kinds of cookies and brownies. I am on this major health kick so I didn't eat any of it. I ended up giving it all away!! I guarantee you someone enjoyed it. ;-))

So Sunday morning, we got up and went to church. We had an awesome Sunday School lesson and sermon. It was just what I needed. I felt as if I was drifting away some and I wanted to get back on track. That class and sermon were just what I needed to help me accomplish that. I felt SO much better when I left there yesterday. So we left church, came home and Zachary took his nap. Then Uncle Jim came over and we went to the pumpkin match and corn maze. We had a great time and I got SO many good pictures. It only took us 30 minutes to get through the maze and that was record time. ;-))

I was just thinking that last year at this time I was in Guatemala with Zachary. Our friends Keely and Savannah & Veronica and Meredith were also there. We spent a lot of time together...mostly in the room. Keely and I had connecting rooms which was really cool and Veronica and Todd stayed next door to us. Last year at this time, there was a warning posted for Guatemala stating that things were dangerous and that we should use extra precaution. That's why we stayed in the room most of the time. It was fine with us though...as far as we were with our angels. ;-)) I thought I would share a couple of the pictures that we took last year. It's so hard to believe that I had to travel to see Zachary last year and now he is home and in my arms forever! I thank God every day for this precious gift that he has given me. My eyes fill with tears of joy every time I think of how blessed we are!

Check back tomorrow for pictures from Halloween! Have a great week! Hugs...

1 comment:

keelstar said...

Wow, I totally missed our 1 year anniversary for my visit trip to Guatemala!! It is so hard to believe that an entire year has gone by, but I am so thankful that we all have our sweet babies home!! Savannah has been home for almost 6 months now and the time is just flying by! I love the pictures of Savannah & Zachary together! I was just looking through my visit trip pictures yesterday...our babies have grown up so much! Love, Keely & Savannah