Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Time Flies When You're Having Fun!


It's hard to believe that it's already October. Before we know it, we'll be out buying Christmas gifts. First things first though, I am TOTALLY loving this weather. It is in the 50s at night here. I have been sleeping with my windows up and makes me feel like I'm camping. I was so over the hot weather. Speaking of hot weather, Zachary and I had a great time at the beach. It was really hot when we were there. We had a fabulous time playing in the ocean and pools and walking on the beach at night. We went out to dinner every night and he did great. He got lots of attention from the servers so you know he was eating that up! I have lots of pictures to share but haven't had time to download them. It has been crazy busy at work the last week. I'll get them out here soon though...I promise.

So what else has been going on you ask?! I have been all wrapped up in this election. It's no secret that I am a McCain supporter. I find that my morals and values fall more in line with McCain's than Obama's. I am also a strong Christian and it terrifies me to think of Obama sitting in the highest seat in this country. His associations scare me the most..ACORN, allegedly receiving financial backings from terrorist organizations and don't even get me started on that so-called Rev. Wright. Anyway, I have spending a lot of time reading and listening to the news (ok, and debating with people online). I'm a member of a private mommies forum in Charlotte and we have gotten in to some VERY heated debates lately. For the sake of my blood pressure, it will be good when this election is O-V-E-R. I'll hush up about that now because I don't want to make this blog about the election.

Zachary and I are leaving next Friday to go to Guatoberfest at Myrtle Beach. We are so excited...mainly because our friends Del, Pam and Nora are meeting us there. They are flying in from Texas and we haven't seen them since we brought Zachary and Nora home. We are so looking forward to this time together. It will also be cool to meet other families who have adopted from Guatemala. If any of you are planning to go, let us know. We would love to say "hello".

Yesterday morning I took my mom and stepdad to the airport so they could start their vacation. They will be gone for almost three weeks. They flew to New York yesterday and tonight at 7:30 they will leave for Romania. Their friends from New Jersey are going with them. They are all hanging out at JFK right now waiting on the plane to leave (last I heard they were getting ready to hit the wine bar). While they're gone, in addition to Romania, they are going to visit Bulgaria, Hungary, Croatia and Serbia. They are also going on an 8-day cruise on the Danube River. I just told them again to "have fun and be careful". Some of the places they are visiting make me a little nervous. They are world travelers though and know how to handle themselves. The four of them take a trip like this every year. They taking turns deciding where they are going to go. I believe next year it's my stepdad's turn to decide. My mom said that he really wants to go to Australia. Man, talk about a long flight!!!

Lastly I want to talk about gas or should I say the lack thereof. Ok, so we have been having a serious gas crisis in Charlotte. I hear that Atlanta is dealing with the same thing. We sat in line for almost two hours last Wednesday night to get gas. Thank goodness they didn't limit how much we could get. I filled my tank up and left there pretty happy. This was quite a change from earlier when I saw fights breaking out at gas stations and one woman almost hit me trying to break in line. People are crazy...let me tell ya. I will be glad when things get back to normal with the gas situation. We never knew how good we had it.

I hope everyone is having a great week!

2 comments:

Nora Glenys said...

Rebecca,

I'm glad to know there are other McCain supporters around. The polls this week haven't looked good. We can't wait to see you and Zachary at Myrtle Beach. My dad had a health emergency this week and had to have a pace maker. He still has to have a valve worked on but it shouldn't be until after we get back from our trip. After this week we really need a vaction. It will be great to see you next week.

Love,
Pam

Mindy said...

I am behind your comments all the way. We, too, are very strong McCain supporters and sometimes I feel lonely in my Republican World since everyone seems to be Dems. Have a wonderful time at Guatoberfest.
Hugs