Monday, October 27, 2008

Fun at the Pumpkin Patch


Zachary and Owen

"Hhhmmmm...how about this one?"

Yeh, I know I'm cute mommy!

"So many pumpkins...so little time."

Searching for the perfect pumpkin
"Mommy, look what I found!"

"This punkin is heavy mommy."

"Cheese"

Zachary cleaning out the pumpkin

Zachary carving "his" pumpkin

"This is really messy mommy."

Alas...a pumpkin face


We had a good weekend. It was pretty quiet on Saturday. We stayed in our pjs until about 4pm and then we got dressed and went to the mall for some shopping. Yesterday we went to church and afterwards we went to the pumpkin patch. Zachary was SO excited. When we got there he went running towards the pumpkin patch while yelling "bunkins". He was so cute! ;-) So we walked around and finally found what we considered the "perfect pumpkin". I got some pictures of him but in a lot of them he's looking at a plastic piggy bank that he found in the pumpkin patch. There were lots of them out there for the kids and Z was totally enthralled with the one he found. We finally found the pumpkin that we wanted and Zachary wanted to carry it. Well as you can imagine, that didn't go very well. ;-)

Tonight when we got home, we decided to carve the pumpkins. We had a great time! Zachary did a really good job and was very helpful. ;-) I swear he is so independent. He kept saying "let me", "my pumpkin" and "mommy's pumpkin". We had a little pumpkin and a big pumpkin. We carved both of them. I was going to stencil a pirate on the big pumpkin but that didn't work out. My fault! I wasn't paying attention like I should have been! Anyway, we finished carving the pumpkins and put candles in them. Z was SO excited!! He loves looking at them. So I put one in front of the window and one on the table. We went outside to look at the one in the window. He loved it!! Ok, so here are the pics.

We are going home this weekend to trick-or-treat. Should be a great time!! We'll take lots of pictures and post them soon!

Happy Halloween!!!

2 comments:

David G. Filhart (a.k.a. the Davey Baby) said...

Ooooh!! We totally have to get Mia going on the Pumpkin patch pictures!!! Zachary is a cute little guy! Great pics!!
Love,
Dave, Becky, and Mia

Nora Glenys said...

I love the pictures and the pumpkins and the piggy bank. I'm glad you had such a good time. The jack-o-lanterns are great too. We are really missing you and Zachary. I can't wait until we can get together again.

Love,
Pam