Thursday, January 10, 2008

Update on my stepmom, Zachary and so on

Debora was in ICU for several days but she is in a regular room now. My dad says that she is more alert today than she has been over the last 14 days. She is able to move her head from side to side and she is making eye contact, which is very good news. She still can't move her right side. She can't talk either but she has tried several times. She definitely has a long, long way to go. It's very sad to see and I worry about what her quality of life will be like. I also worry about my dad. The good news is that they are both strong Christians and have a lot of faith. There are SO many people praying for them and we are hoping that God will perform a miracle and heal her. Please continue to pray.

Zachary is doing great! He is really growing and talking up a storm. His thing now is "come on". He loves to say that when he's ready to go somewhere or if he's tired of being somewhere, like in a restaurant for instance. It's so funny to hear him say it...and sometimes he gets really loud. He has also learned how to give a kiss. He has been doing it for a while but now he has learned to make the noise. He gets so excited about it. He'll kiss me and then laugh and laugh and lean in to do it again. Of course, that's not a problem for me. The more kisses the better.

Everything else is going well. We stay busy and on the go alot. I have started going to the gym in the mornings again. I loved letting Zachary wake up on his own in the mornings but I really needed to get back in to my gym routine. He has adjusted well. I really love the fact that when kids wake up every day, they are SO excited. I just hope this will last through his teenage years. ;-))

I have lots of pictures to post just don't have time to download them right now. Promise to get them posted soon.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Hugs...

No comments: