Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Asking for prayers.....

I haven't written in a while because things have been so busy. Unfortunately we have both been very sick on and off for the last month. Zachary has had a severe ear infection and we had been through the ringer. He has been to the Pediatric ER twice now for very high fevers. It has been a very difficult month due to this. I would ask that you all pray and continue to pray for us. I need strength to handle all of this. It is very challenging being a single mom as it is but when you add all of this sickness it is very difficult. I have to continue to work and Zachary has to go to daycare. That's just the way it is. Well, at least until I win the lottery. ;-)) We do have a wonderful pediatrician and we are very thankful for that. She saw me about to fall apart today and was able to give me some very comforting words and advice. I also got a little more insight from her as to how ear infections come about and what causes them and so on. That was also very helpful. The next step is for him to see the ENT doctor. We need to evaluate whether we want to have tubes put in. There are also some alternative medicines that I am considering trying.

I have lots to share with everyone but right now I just have to go to bed. I'm not sleeping well or much these days. I will post again soon.

Hugs...

4 comments:

Katie said...

I am sorry u are going through this .... I will say a prayer .

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that Zachary has been so sick. I went through all that many years ago with my son, and I know how awful it can be. This time of the year is tough for everyone. Hugs and prayers to the both of you.

Meredith's Great Aunt Lib

keelstar said...

Oh Rebecca...I am so sorry that you and Zachary have both been so sick and that his poor ears are not doing well lately. We will definitely be praying for you guys and I just know that things will get better for you soon! Lots of love & hugs, Keely & Savannah

Susan said...

Rebecca,
Big hugs to you and Zachary. So sorry he has been so sick. Hope he is on the mend soon. Call me if you need to talk to another single mom. It is definitely challenging on good days but so hard when they are sick.

Hang in there!
Susan & Evvy